Fear Of Flying - Special Tips
- If you can remember the first time it happened, go through the memories of that event in your mind or tell the story out loud by yourself or with a friend. You can soon spot the statements and thoughts that cause you the greatest distress or emotional response. Tap on these until you can think/talk about these events and remain calm and focussed.
- Sometimes, there are "triggers" in the environment you can use to treat fears before you get anywhere near an airplane. One lady used a television programme about planes and helicopters to begin her treatment, a gentleman used to feel nauseous when seeing planes in the sky. With one particular gentleman the fear began when he booked the ticket in the travel agent's office.
- To make sure you have removed all your fears successfully, imagine going on a particular journey in detail, right from packing the bags to taking the taxi to the airport, to going through the doors and smelling that unique "airport" smell, to the waiting period, onto the plane, and imagine a bumpy ride in bad weather, even with people screaming, if you will. If at any time you become distressed or anxious, stop and tap on that "aspect" of your general fear of flying until you feel calm and it no longer bothers you.
- Use the waiting time in airports to treat yourself surreptitiously, or go to the toilet and treat yourself where no-one can see you. In public, you can just hold the points and take a deep breath on each one so no-one will ever know what you're up to.
- After a short time, most people find they have "favourites" amongst the points in the list above, ie points that are more effective than others. Use these for shortcuts or in moments of panic.
- You can use EFT very successfully to treat yourself for jet lag, too. See "Examples".
- If your fear is really severe, you might need help from a Meridian Therapist to get you started. This can be done in person or over the telephone and is extremely successful. Please go to http://www.TheAMT.com to find outstanding practitioners who are versed in the problem and can help you.
Check out Fear Of Flying Success Case Stories & Examples